DO YOU REALLY KNOW HOW TO THINK?

Image: Collets Primary school
Observations by William Deresiewicz actually got me thinking and I found that he may be right.
Most people tend to always based their decision on what they have heard and never really engage themselves in the art of thinking itself. Listen to what William said about how most people think

William Deresiewicz said:

"I find for myself that my first thought is never my best thought. My first thought is always someone else's; it's always what I've already heard about the subject, always the conventional wisdom."

Here's what Deresiewicz observed that really work:

"It's only by concentrating, sticking to the question, being patient, letting all the parts of my mind come into play, that I arrive at an original idea. By giving my brain a chance to make associations, draw connections, take me by surprise. And often even that idea doesn't turn out to be very good. I need time to think about it, too, to make mistakes and recognize them, to make false starts and correct them, to outlast my impulses, to defeat my desire to declare the job done and move on to the next thing."

Our brains are complex systems that can develop quick and unique ideas that could change the world in many positive ways if used the right ways. So many people don't really think to be able to solve problems. It is high time you woke and engage in the right approach to thinking.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog